IMPORTANT CORONAVIRUS (COVID-19) INFORMATION
17 March 2020
As a business, we are aware that you may have some concerns about the ongoing outbreak of the coronavirus and how it may impact Neurospace clients and team members.
We would like to take the opportunity to reassure you that as a business, we are committed to ensuring the health and safety of all those in our community, and are actively taking steps to minimise any potential impact of coronavirus on our clients, employees and operations.
We ask that if clients are unwell, regardless of whether they have symptoms matching the coronavirus or not, to please stay at home. If you need to cancel, even at short notice, our reception team will be happy to reschedule your appointment to a later date and will waive any cancellation fee.
Our employees will also be asked to stay away from the clinic if unwell and we will do our very best to move your appointment to another practitioner.
Elderly and immunocompromised individuals are more susceptible to COVID-19, and we want to ensure the wellbeing of these members of our community.
Please advise our staff if any of the following applies to you:
- Have you travelled overseas in the last 2 weeks, in particular to China, Iran, Korea, Italy, Indonesia, Japan, Thailand, Cambodia, Hong Kong and Singapore?
- Have you come into contact with anyone who has travelled to the above countries?
- In the last 2 weeks have you had a cough, fever or difficulty breathing?
If reception staff ask you these questions when making a booking, please understand that we seeking to protect our clients, not to offend. We thank you for your understanding.
Neurospace has increased stocks of hand sanitizer and general wipes around the clinic and we will encourage clients and employees to use these products regularly. We have increased cleaning protocols and this applies particularly if you are using our gym.
We are still offering home visits. Our staff are implementing good hygiene practices whilst on home visits and we ask that you do the same. If you are unwell, please cancel your home visit. Home visits are for clients who are unable to leave their house due to mobility or transport difficulties, not for those who are in self-isolation.
We are exploring options for online consultations, for those who are self-isolating. Please contact our staff if this may be a good option for you.
To help stop the spread of infection:
- Use hand sanitiser before and after your gym session and wipe down all equipment used with a disposable gym wipe (available in our gym)
- Practice coughing and sneezing hygiene. Keep your hands away from your mouth, nose and eyes.
- Wash your hands regularly – count to 20 seconds and wash hands all over – 20 seconds is much longer than one thinks.
- Stay home if you are sick; regardless. We are entering a robust flu season and many of the symptoms are the same – so stay home.
We will update this information regularly as we receive new information. Please refer to the following website latest information about novel coronavirus (COVID-19) in the ACT