Just call us to find out how Neurospace can help you.
Under certain circumstances, we will require you to have a referral and/or other information as follows:
- If you wish to claim through the Department of Veterans Affairs you will need a doctor’s referral.
- If you wish to claim through Medicare, you will need an Enhanced Primary Care referral from your GP.
- To be eligible to claim from an insurance company (e.g. Workcover) you will need to have a doctor’s referral and your claim number.
- Please note that all claims are subject to prior approval by your insurance company. If Workcover or Comcare do not agree to pay Neurospace’s full fees then you are required to pay the gap and seek direct reimbursement from the insurer.For example, the insurance company may only pay for a 20 minute consult when Neurospace treats for 30 minutes.
What to expect
During your initial consultation, we will assess your current health condition and functional status and discuss a plan to help you reach achievable goals. In particular we would like you to be able to sustain or reconnect with your regular community activities.
This plan can vary greatly between individuals. It may include physiotherapy or consultation with other health professionals. We provide all clients with a tailored exercise program. One person may require regular physiotherapy for a set period of time whilst another requires intermittent reviews of their home exercise program.
We will assess you holistically for things that are essential in order to maximise your independence. For example, analysis of abilities may include:
- improving walking (both inside and outside)
- balance (including stabilising and reacting)
- bed movements and transfers
- hand and arm use
This assessment will assist us to determine the cause of your problems. Thismay include impairments such as:
- sensory loss (vision, hearing, feeling)
- loss of movement control
- deconditioning (loss of muscle strength)
Consideration is also given to:
- your living environment
- feet and footwear
- continence issues
- personal plans
Extra support is available from our Allied Health Assistants to help you complete your exercises and mobility programs in your own home if required. Hydrotherapy is available if appropriate to help your recovery.
We offer services in our rooms or we can come to you in aged care facilities or at your home.