Since opening in 2008 Neurospace has grown and developed into an organisation that now employs over 20 people.Since inception, we have strived to provide our people with rewarding work, an enjoyable workplace and an environment in which they are supported and professionally developed.
Neurospace understands that employing people who are highly skilled and motivated to help is of utmost importance. Doctors, carers, and our clients all have very high expectations of us.
Whether you are an undergraduate looking for work experience, a graduate looking to take the first step in your career or an experienced professional there may be opportunities for you at Neurospace.
Above all, Neurospace is a place where you can make a difference to other peoples’ lives.
If you have an interest in working at Neurospace, please contact us via email email@example.com.
Wanted! Practice Manager for a growing Allied Health practice based in Canberra
Neurospace is well known for quality physiotherapy and rehabilitation services to the Canberra community. We are seeking an energetic, enthusiastic person to join the Neurospace team as our new Practice Manager. You will oversee the day-today operations of business as well as assisting with growth and further development of the business. You will work closely with the director and our administration team. This role is part-time (20-24 hours) across 5 days / week and can be flexible to accommodate school friendly hours if needed.
Do you think this is the job for you? We are looking for someone with:
- Excellent communication skills and demonstrated ability to collaborate to foster a productive team environment
- Specific management training and experience managing a dynamic multi-disciplinary team
- Health industry Experience, preferably in rehabilitation, Aged Care or NDIS sectors
- Excellent IT skills and capacity to adapt to our electronic files and accounting systems.
Current police checks and working with vulnerable people checks will be required in this role.
Allied health professionals wanting to upskill into a management position will also be considered
About the role
The Practice manager oversees the day to day running of a specialised physiotherapy and exercise physiology practice, drives business development and assists with implementation of the Strategic Plan.
Key duties and responsibilities will include (but not be limited to):
- Supervision of all reception and administrative staff to ensure the smooth daily running of the practice
- Human Resource Management, including staff rosters, recruiting and inducting new staff, running regular staff meetings, managing staff work flows, running regular staff performance reviews and performance management plans and to comply with all legislative and regulatory requirements
- Preparing basic financial reports in conjunction with the practice Accountant and Bookkeeper (including assistance with debtors, billing and general accounts)
- Ensuring current practice procedure and processes are adhered to and implementation of new policies and procedures as needed.
- Have a good working knowledge of the NDIS and Aged Care sectors
- Providing additional PA support to the director
- Providing high standard of customer service to both clients and key stakeholders
- Assist in asset management including development and maintenance of equipment registers, purchase and replacement of equipment
- Providing professional and competent administration support to practitioners
- Ensuring maintenance of a high level of work standards across all roles within the practice
- Oversee the Compliance Audits within the practice
- Assist in review and updating of IT requirements
- Assist in Business development and marketing a key objective. Digital marketing skills an advantage
Benefits and perks
- Work with a fabulous team of 20 people
- Ability to use all your skills to manage all aspects of the business
- Capacity to work flexible hours
Skills and experience (required)
- Previous management experience
- Knowledge of IT system requirements
- Maintain absolute confidentiality regarding patient and practice information.
- Working to a high standard with the desire to continuously improve
- Strong analytical skills and using data to drive performance
- Allied health professionals wanting to upskill management skills would be considered Higher education in business management and/ or health practice management
- Excellent financial skills, ie. previous demonstrated experience at preparing financial reports, managing budgets etc.
- Marketing and new business development skills
Applicants are asked to address the following Selection Criteria to assist us in our recruitment:
- Previous management experience of at least 5 years with exceptional communication and managerial skills. High level interpersonal skills to relate well to patients, staff and health care professionals. Previous accreditation/quality management experience is highly desirable
- Excellent organisational and time management skills, well-organised with strong prioritisation skills
- High-level skills in IT, including Office Suite, MYOB and use of Practice Management Software (such as FrontDesk)
- Highly energetic and committed with a strong work ethic, resourceful and creative problem solver
- Demonstrated patient-focused approach in service provision with genuine empathy and interest in their needs.
If you require more information on the role, please contact Deborah on 0438 056 327
To apply for the position, please send your current resume and selection criteria to firstname.lastname@example.org
We are seeking a senior clinician to carry a clinical load and staff supervisory role with junior therapists. We are looking for someone with experience across diverse areas, essential would be vestibular and dizziness management, and with neurological conditions. Ideally there would also be experience with musculoskeletal clients and private practice experience. We have well established systems and processes, and are always open to new ideas.
We offer an attractive package that includes above-award wages commensurate with experience, incentive payments, yearly training allowance and our new health and wellbeing allowance. We have a weekly inservice for in-house training. We also like to give back to the wider community and support our staff to spend time working with organisations that they are passionate about helping. Part-time to full-time will be considered for these roles.
If you think Neurospace might be the right place for you we would love to hear from you.
Deborah Carrera, Prinicpal Physiotherapist and Director
02 6162 0450