Since opening in 2008 Neurospace has grown and developed into an organisation that now employs over 20 people.Since inception, we have strived to provide our people with rewarding work, an enjoyable workplace and an environment in which they are supported and professionally developed.
Neurospace understands that employing people who are highly skilled and motivated to help is of utmost importance. Doctors, carers, and our clients all have very high expectations of us.
Whether you are an undergraduate looking for work experience, a graduate looking to take the first step in your career or an experienced professional there may be opportunities for you at Neurospace.
Above all, Neurospace is a place where you can make a difference to other peoples’ lives.
We currently have the following positions available in the clinic
Neurospace are seeking a Physiotherapist to join our multidisciplinary team in September 2018 for a 12-month contract. A therapist with a musculoskeletal bias as well as an interest in Neurology / Aged Care would complement our current staff. Training will be provided in vestibular rehabilitation. A new graduate with a passion for working in this area will also be considered. Neurospace offers an exciting, dynamic and supportive environment to work with people across the age spectrum. Mentoring and support is provided both in-house and through external training. There is considerable autonomy and capacity for development of individual interests.
Neurospace offers you an exceptional workplace with a variety of clients including those with neurological conditions, dizziness and vestibular problems, issues associated with ageing and long standing movement difficulties.
- Individual assessment, treatment and community liaison. Treatment involves traditional rehabilitation, as well as orthopaedic management as needed
- Aquatic therapy
- Group work
Your workplace may include:
- Treatment rooms in Phillip
- Home visits
- Community facilities
Hours are negotiable, part-time or full time will both be considered. We pay above award wages and also offer incentive payments. Extra training allowances available, uniform provisions and other benefits. Relocation expenses will also be considered.
Accredited Exercise Physiologist
Neurospace is seeking an Accredited Exercise Physiologist with a passion for making a difference in the lives of people with complex movement problems. In your role you will provide exercise prescription for a range of neurological and musculoskeletal conditions. This part-time clinic-based position requires you to work in a multidisciplinary team environment cross referring with physiotherapists, , allied health assistants and massage therapists.
Main duties and responsibilities may include:
- Conducting physical capacity and exercise assessments
- Design, implementation and modification of goal-orientated gym- and home-based exercise programs
- Exercise prescription in the areas of lumbopelvic stability, flexibility, resistance, cardiopulmonary, balance and coordination/sensory training.
- Use of client monitoring systems such as SOAP notes and client databases.
- Writing GP letters and insurance reports
- Leading and monitoring group exercise sessions
- Facilitation of individual and group hydrotherapy sessions
You must have:
- ESSA Accreditation
- Professional Indemnity Insurance
- Current First Aid and CPR qualification
- Strong knowledge of anatomy, physiology and biomechanics
- Ability to work as part of a multi-disciplinary team
- Effective communication skills
- Outstanding interaction with people
The following experience is highly regarded:
- Clinical Pilates
- Previous work employment in the elderly and people with physical/mental disabilities
- Medicare, DVA and NSW WorkCover approval
Neurospace offers an exciting, dynamic and supportive environment to work with people across the age spectrum. Conditions you may be working with include Multiple Sclerosis, Parkinsons Disease, Cerebral Palsy, Spinal Cord Injury and Traumatic Brain Injury.Mentoring and support is given throughout training and skill development. There is considerable autonomy and capacity for development of individual interests.
Work hours can be negotiated (preference for Wednesday, Thursday and Friday), with above award pay rates and conditions in accordance with the "Health Professionals and Support Services Award". Additional benfits include professional development allowances, uniform provisions and bonus system.
We are also currently seeking an energetic person to join our friendly team in a part-time role. The successful applicant will have a “can do” attitude, enjoy interacting with people and learning new things, and have strong attention to detail.
On the job training will be provided to the successful applicant on relevant industry systems.
For further information or to apply for one of these positions please contact: